Before we dive deep into the benefits of dual key properties and duplex properties, let’s get an understanding of what they are.
A dual key property is one that has two rental streams under one roof. Usually, there is either a 3 or 4 bed unit, accompanied by another full self-contained 1 or 2 bed unit, with a separate entrance. They are usually on one title and cannot be sold off separately like a duplex that is strata titled.
A duplex property is two adjoining properties on the different title, in the majority of the cases. A duplex is a house containing two homes that share a common central wall.
Now that we have a rudimentary understanding of what dual key and duplex properties are, let’s take a look at all the reasons why you should be investing in them right away!
Why invest in a Dual Key Property?
- High Rental Yield: A dual key property has a higher rental yield when compared to other types of properties. It generally gives a rental yield of anywhere between 6% and 7.5% which is considered a fantastic rental yield.
- Positive Cashflow: A dual key property also has a good positive cash flow per week. The cashflow can be anywhere between $120 to $350 per week which means approximately $480 – $1,400 per month.
- Two Incomes: Since you can build two properties on a single plot of land, you can rent it out to two different tenants which means two incomes!
- Tax Benefits: With dual key apartments still comparatively newer in the Australian market, they have huge upsides when it comes to tax. Consulting us would give you an in-depth idea of all the tax benefits you can avail.
- High Rental Income: With a dual key property you can get a rental of anywhere between $620 and $820 every single week! This means that every month you can get a steady income of approximately between $2,400 and $3,300 only via rent!
Why invest in a Duplex Property?
- Instant Equity Upto $150K: There is instant equity anywhere between $90K and $170K when you invest in a duplex property! You can invest that sum in another property, that helps you to build up your property portfolio.
- High Rental Yield: A duplex property too, like dual key property, has a high rental yield. It generally gives a rental yield of anywhere between 5% and 7.5% which is also considered a great rental yield.
- Positive Cashflow: A duplex property, again like dual key property also has a good positive cash flow per week. Our consultants will be able to guide you and give you exact cash flow figures in a one on one chat!
- High Rental Income: With a duplex property you can get a rental income starting from $700 – $1,000 pw depending upon the location and configuration of the property.
Home builders across Australia are building dual key and duplex properties in the most upcoming and growing areas!
We at Success Avenue have an inventory of dual key properties starting at $500K and duplex properties starting at $600K.
Get in touch with our expert consultants and property strategists to know all benefits of duplex and dual key properties with exact figures and get a personalised investment strategy now!